Associate Product Manager-Motorization
AssociateProduct Manager, Motorization
Join the IoT and Smart Home boom. As an integral part of the connected home, Hunter Douglas PowerView shades adjust themselves automatically, by the push of a button, or at the sound of your voice, creating the perfect room ambiance morning, noon, and night. We integrate into smart home systems such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Control4 or function as a stand-alone system using the PowerView app and accessories.
The Associate Product Manager, Motorization plays a pivotal role establishing the vision and direction through all phases of the product lifecycle and executes objectives through cross-functional teams in the areas of product strategy, product development, and product quality for a multitude of motorized shading products.
What you have:
Previous product development experience for both HARDWARE and SOFTWARE. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Three to five years of related product management and demonstrated project management is required. Leadership experience within a work team environment is required. Solid knowledge of connected home technologies and the Internet of Things is required.
What you do:
- Identify market trends and needs through the cultivation of consumer insight and market research (soliciting regular feedback from our dealers and consumers), as well as collecting industry data and sales statistics, and performing
competitiveanalysis of products, pricing, and positioning.
- Support and maintain relationships with select connected home partners.
- Support organizational goals objectives including financial expectations, innovation, market positioning, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop and evangelize Product Platforms for product enhancements and new motorization solutions, ensuring the product design is based on market preference and perception.
- Partner with traditional shading product groups to ensure consistent operation, installation, and experience of both PowerView and SoftTouch across all product lines.
- Analyze and develop targeted efforts to improve sales and dealer activation.
- Develop and manage the entire lifecycle of a product from concept to end-of-life, including product requirements, SKU rationalization, and an appropriate pricing strategy.
- Actively collaborate with the customer and technical support teams as well as fabrication groups to identify opportunities for quality improvement and drive those changes throughout the organization.
PRODUCT COMMUNICATION AND TRAINING
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain product training and product documentation for dealers, installers, consumers, and internal groups.
- Create and develop programs, presentations, documents, etc. that support product launch initiatives.
- Collaborate with traditional shading product groups to ensure consistent messaging as it relates to motorization and integration.
- Manage photography and CGI, working cross-functionally to determine needs and ensure proper representation of motorization products and integrations.
- Develop and maintain collateral and documentation such
as:Reference Guide; IOCs and other installation materials; and corporate website content.
- Support National Sales Meeting and Premieres Training.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Mentor and guide junior product management staff to ensure personal and professional goals are achieved.
Expert knowledge of communication skills and how to adapt to various situations.
Expert knowledge of correct grammar usage.
Solid knowledge of product development process for both hardware and software products.
Solid knowledge of the consumer electronics industry, including customer needs.
Solid knowledge of project management.
Solid knowledge of computer use and software packages such
Solid knowledge of analyzing and comparing competitive data.
Solid knowledge of connected home technologies and the Internet of Things.
Basic knowledge of the principles of finance to prepare budgets and
Skill in conducting presentations to all size audiences.
Ability to process all technical product information.
Skill in presenting recommendations for action plans to management based on data analysis.
Ability to utilize creative thinking and problem-solving techniques on a daily basis.
Ability to prioritize and organize multiple work assignments.
Ability to conduct work in a self-directed manner with limited supervision.
What we do
Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window coverings and maker of iconic architectural products, offers thoughtful design, industry-leading innovation, and a
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses a 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Silhouette®, Vignette®, Nantucket™ Window Shadings, and Luminette Privacy Sheers®.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with
6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site training and development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!