Senior Machine Engineer
About The Company:
Levolor, founded in 1914, remains the most recognized name in custom window coverings today. Levolor continues to offer great blinds and shades solutions in a wide variety of vertical, aluminum and wood blinds; cellular and woven wood shades; and sheer vertical window treatments, distributed nationally through home centers and other retailers.
About The Role:
This position is a key part of our machine engineering team responsible for the development and maintenance of cutting machines and working with cross-functional teams to support new/existing product development through the stage gate process.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead machine development projects from concept though installation/launch, including real time tracking of machine and component inventory.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (R&D, Brand, Test lab, Operations, Sourcing, and others) to research and understand consumer and customer cutting requirements, and develop machine solutions that are robust, timely and cost effective.
- Prioritize safety by overseeing and ensuring new product development, productivity, and quality improvements meet and exceed machine regulatory compliance standards
- Optimization of machine designs; fit, function, interference, tolerance stack ups and programming for reliability and serviceability.
- PLC programming - RS Logix 500 preferred, including remote troubleshooting, mentoring/training team members and 3rd party service providers.
- Create and update machine quality specifications, test plans, trial logs, and other key documents as required.
- Develop prototypes (fixtures, parts, programming, and machines) and perform product testing for internal evaluation and feedback.
- Coordinate and lead machine trials, documenting testing, measurements, etc. from initial engineering trials through production qualification. Evaluate results and propose/lead changes to machine/product design, tooling, and/or process.
- On site troubleshooting at remote locations as required to effectively support the business.
- Short notice travel as required in North America (up to 60%).
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; engineering preferred
- High technical proficiency required to instruct and train team members and service technicians.
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Creative problem solving and innovation.
- Experience with managing timelines and multiple projects.
- Experience participating in a cross functional project environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills, aggressive drive for performance, and high levels of personal