Accounts Payable Associate
About the Company:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About the Role:
The Accounts Payable Associate is an integral part of the Accounts Payable Shared Services department. Using a variety of software technologies (SAP, ReadSoft, Concur, Winshuttle, BOA Works), the Accounts Payable Associate will assist in providing solutions and department Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). This position will support the Senior Accounts Payable Manager with ad hoc projects and divisional Accounts Payable integration activities.
- Oversee SAP Accounts Payable workstream to help ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and check requests
- Prepare and process weekly payments (checks, wires, and ACH)
- Execute monthly PCard procedures including reporting, auditing, and uploading relevant data files extracted from BOA Works
- Reconciliation of Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt accounts and other Accounts Payable related accounts such as unclaimed property and parking accounts
- Assist with monthly and year end closing processes; assist with audit requests
- Develop documentation of the process while complying with internal controls and policies
- Work to drive process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce manual processes
- Support Senior Manager with ad hoc projects and divisional Accounts Payable integration activities
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable Department, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or combination of education and experience
- Strong Accounts Payable technical skills including systems and processes
- Proficiency with Accounts Payable software tools, Excel and all other MS Office applications
- Proficiency with Accounts Payable document workflow systems(s), preferably SAP and ReadSoft software
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently to manage and prioritize tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to effectively interact with management on business matter affecting Accounts Payable