HunterDouglas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the HunterDouglas Group, a Dutch based international industrial group. We are the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions. The HunterDouglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings and extrusions in Owensboro, KY since 1981. All Hunter Douglas brand products are designed, developed and custom-crafted in the U.S. The Owensboro facility is filling the following:
Assembler – 3rd shift positions
Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment in all areas of Department. Assemble injection molding and or purchased components into semi-finished products in accordance with established Quality Assurance policies and procedures. Run Automated / Semi Automated machine operation requires limited maintenance to prevent and resolve machine malfunctions. Feed machine components as needed to prevent down time. Review all problems with operator on the previous and subsequent shift on all tasks assigned. Notifies supervisor of any machine failure or quality discrepancies.
- Will constantly stand on concrete floor during the entire shift.
- Will constantly move hands, arms, legs, feet in repetitive motions the entire shift to assemble products.
- Will constantly use force to pull, push, or fit parts together.
- Will frequently bend or stoop to pick up parts and supplies.
- Will frequently lift parts weighting less than 25 lbs. (may require getting help for items weighting more).
- Will frequently carry bags of products weighting less than 25 lbs. to and from workstations
- Will frequently bend, scoop, and dump products from containers to bowlfeeders approximately five foot high.
- Constantly uses sight to inspect product for standard defects.
- Frequently uses sight to distinguish colors and hues.
- Will frequently use sense of touch to inspect product for standard defect.
- Constantly listening for alarms those signal malfunctions in equipment and alarm on forklift being operated within the area.
HunterDouglas Owensboro offers a generous benefits package. Including Medical/Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life insurance, 5% shift deferential, paid vacation, PTO, paid holidays, 401k plan, competitive wages with annual bonus, and opportunity for advancement.
We require a high school diploma or GED and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys test to proceed in our hiring process. All candidates must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities, have a strong work ethic, and be able and willing to work any shift and overtime .We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.<p