This position will design and upgrade automated assembly equipment to produce components and assemblies. Support manufacturing yield, quality and efficiency improvements. Manage automation projects for new and existing products. Provide electrical/mechanical installation support and technical expertise during project implementation, current projects and future improvement projects. Optimize performance of automated equipment, inspection equipment and robotic work-cells. Must be able to evaluate and define the processes failure(s), supporting root cause analysis, and facilitating the corrective action for advanced automation systems. Responsible for capital project management from justification to the implementation of automated manufacturing systems. This includes the development equipment specifications and the ability to work with a wide variety of external suppliers to obtain quotations. Create training instructions and standard operating procedures for use in equipment implementation. Train plant production and technical departments on the operations and maintenance of new equipment.
Responsible for participating in all aspects of costs savings, continuous improvement and innovation initiatives. Responsible for adherence to all industry, and/or regulatory procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Integrated Manufacturing or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in manufacturing with automation.
- Strong project management, organization and problem solving skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a high attention to detail
- Experience with machine vision platforms in some of the following: Cognex Insight and Vision Pro, Keyence.
- Solid PLC and HMI programming experience in some of the following: AB SLC500, Contrologix5000, S7, PanelBuilder, RSView.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities
HunterDouglas Owensboro offers a generous benefits package. Including Medical/Dental Insurance, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401k plan, competitive wages with a annual bonus.
We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.