Learning Technology Specialist
The Role: Problem solving, creating, defining, analyzing, organizing, helping, these are all activities that you will do throughout the week in this role. We need you to help us navigate, manage and utilize technology to its fullest in order provide stellar learning programs. You will be the Learning Management System and Event Management System expert. At Hunter Douglas we are working toward creating a learning ecosystem, and we are looking for someone to help us in that journey. This is an opportunity to join a team that is growing and evolving, and your knowledge of technology and recommendations are an integral part of that transformation. This role will have an impact across the organization in enhancing our customers’ experience.
About You: You have a background in learning and development and are passionate about technology in that space. You can explain tech speak in everyday language. You are someone that excels at organizing information and utilizing technology to make life easier. You thrive in taking on challenges and finding solutions both in the box and out. You are looking for a role that will combine your people skills, knowledge of learning technology, project coordination ability, visual data prowess, and your positive team attitude.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
- College degree in Business, Technology, and/or Education (BS or better) –or equivalent experience in education.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in successfully managing and implementing learning technologies.
The Learning Technology Specialist is responsible for the administration of all learning technology systems and software used in Learning and Development (L&D) to provide a superior customer experience. The Learning Technology Specialist will provide support and expertise in the use and application of Learning Management Systems (LMS), Event Management Systems (EMS) and other technologies and systems that support L&D training programs and initiatives. This position will play a key role in the development and implementation of new technology systems and act as a liaison between training program managers and IT.
- Learn and understand ALL TECHNOLOGY Systems in order to administer and help manage all systems including managing the database, system design, architecture and customization.
- Develop and manage LMS and EMS global settings, security roles, reports, and emails, ensuring the data integrity of all systems. Be able to utilize SalesForce/LMS database as necessary to track effectiveness of programs.
- Act as expert for all technology systems providing necessary guidance and directions related to the use of the system for all customers.
- Establishes project timelines for each technology system requirements associated with the development of the training program. Manage job related due dates with other Learning and Development members and external consultants assisting on the project so that established due dates can be met.
- Work to establish application/ database needs and customer expectations for all learning technology systems.
- Provide appropriate communication to users regarding downtime and any other pertinent information users may need to know.
- Document system administration procedures and standards. Conduct training sessions, as needed for other department administrators.
- Manage all training in the LMS including monitoring course completions, course evaluations, and certifications. Reports participation to Managers on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate LMS testing with the Technology Manager, and IT for new development. Ensure test plans are executed accurately for every user group and report findings to IT and Technology Manager.
- Coordinate with Managers on their technology initiatives, courses, webcasts, videos, training programs, etc. to ensure the support/system is ready, customers have been notified as necessary and we are ready for any potential issues. Also includes creating any marketing documentation necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the Event Management System to meet needs of each unique program. Work directly with IT if coding of either system needs to be done.
- Coordinate logistical information and confirmation letters for attendees. Compose conference/review materials, including name badges, binders/hand-outs, signs, packets, attendee packets and other materials as needed for the attendees.
- Create evaluation procedures to measure success rates of programs. Be able to report on success and analyze failures.
- Attends national trade shows and corporate meetings as needed to conduct presentations of Hunter Douglas, Inc., -Window Fashion products to attendees.
Expert ability to utilize creative thinking and problem solving techniques to resolve problems encountered on a daily basis
Solid knowledge in LMS technology applications such as: ExpertusOne, Saba, EKP, etc.
Solid knowledge in LCMS technology applications or in at least one of the following eLearning Authoring applications (list includes: Articulate, Storyline 360, Captivate, etc.)
Solid knowledge of vetting and implementing new learning technologies
Solid knowledge of Learning Ecosystems
Solid knowledge of learning styles and curricula design
Solid knowledge of project management and the ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
Solid knowledge of general business practices and operations
Solid knowledge of correct grammar usage to compose and proofread training materials for spelling, sentence construction and punctuation errors
Solid Ability to conduct presentations before large groups of people
Ability to understand at least one programming language such as: C++, Java, .Net. Visual Basic, HTML, CGI, etc.)
Ability to understand graphics technology programs such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Ability of the graphic design and printing industry to be able to work with outside consultants
Ability to use and operate various audiovisual equipment
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid-time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
About the Company:
Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window coverings and maker of iconic architectural products, offers thoughtful design, industry-leading innovation, and a family oriented culture. Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and excellence. Hunter Douglas provides a positive work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,