Product Manager, Motorization
Join the IoT and Smart Home boom. As an integral part of the connected home, Hunter Douglas PowerView shades adjust themselves automatically, by the push of a button, or at the sound of your voice, creating the perfect room ambiance morning, noon, and night. We integrate into smart home systems such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Control4 or function as a stand-alone system using the PowerView app and accessories.
The Product Manager, Motorization plays a pivotal role in managing the product strategy, requirements, and launch programs for Hunter Douglas motorized smart shades. You will drive enhanced integration and relationships with smart home / IoT partners. This role also offers the ability to manage, mentor, and develop product management staff utilizing sound leadership skills.
- Collaborate with product management and product development teams to drive new product development and product/feature enhancements, taking an active role in all stages of product development: conceptualize, design, build, test, and release
- Manage product launches, including working with executive management, corporate marketing, training, and sales
- Understand dealer and consumer needs and act as their champion to define innovative products
- Manage connected home partner relationships,
- Direct and manage staff to achieve corporate objectives. Evaluate and communicate strengths and areas for improvement. Identify opportunities to develop staff.
- Identify market trends and needs through cultivation of consumer insight and market research (soliciting regular feedback from our dealers and consumers), as well as collecting industry data sales statistics, and performing competitive analysis of products, pricing, and positioning.
- Partner with other product groups to ensure consistent operation, installation, and appearance across all product lines.
- Analyze and develop targeted efforts to improve sales and dealer activation.
- Establish yourself as a knowledge expert and focal point for all product information
- Support organizational goals objectives including financial expectations, innovation, market positioning, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain training, education, and support programs and collateral including Price Reference Guide; Installation, Operation and Care Instructions; National Sales Meeting; Premiers Training; Fabrication Manuals; and Educational information for Customer Service, Sales Representatives and Dealers.
- Manage product lifecycle to include evolution, SKU rationalization, pricing and end-of-life.
- Improve the overall customer experience
- Attend/participate in company sponsored training and events (NSM, Premieres, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 7+ years of related hardware product management experience, preferably in consumer electronics, smart home, and/or IoT.
- Demonstrated experience taking new products from concept to launch, creating complete solutions that delight customers.
- Solid understanding of tech/connected marketplace to assist in architecting motorization strategies for product development.
- Demonstrated experience managing or mentoring junior level product managers
- Expert communication skills (oral and written) and how to adapt to various situations when dealing with or providing feedback.
- Expert knowledge of correct grammar usage to compose and proofread correspondence for spelling, sentence construction and punctuation errors.
- Strong Ability to conduct presentations to all size audiences.
- Solid knowledge of the principles of finance to prepare budgets and understand all costs connected with line extensions, product enhancements and resampling of the product.
- Strong ability to research consumer needs, prioritize those needs, clearly communicate the needs to key stakeholders, and drive product requirements based on those needs.
- Solid knowledge of project management.
- Solid knowledge of computer use and software packages such as, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Solid knowledge of analyzing and comparing competitive data.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Ability to process all technical product information.
- Ability to utilize creative thinking and problem solving techniques on a daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to conduct work in a self-directed manner with limited supervision.