Production Supervisor (2nd Shift, Manager TBD)
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (FABRICATION) 2nd Shift
A great leader is an integral part of creating an environment that fosters job satisfaction and employee engagement. Great leaders genuinely care about their employees. Our long-tenured 2nd shift is looking for a great leader. This will be an opportunity to improve efficiencies, solve problems, and have a direct impact on the success of the people and the organization.
Acceptable experience and training:
- A college degree in a business related field with production experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3
yearsleadership experience- in a production type environment.
Solid knowledge of Capacity Planning – Equipment/Personnel against business needs.
Solid knowledge of the principles of training adult learners.
Solid knowledge of equipment operations, ISO standards, and work processes associated with production.
Solid knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
Solid knowledge of the use of computer software packages including Kaizen.net, SAP, Excel, Word, and Gmail.
Solid knowledge of documentation processes to include training, procedural, and
- Analyzes, adjusts, recommends and reports on necessary operational opportunities/changes ensuring production goals are achieved.
- Reviews production needs and directs Team Coordinators with necessary recommendations to ensure production goals are met for the day.
- Addresses production needs such
as,equipment malfunctions and breakdowns, problems encountered with materials, etc to meet our production schedule.
- Reviews the previous day’s shift production performance with Team Coordinators.
- Continually addresses opportunities for improvement within production processes through a matrix based root cause analysis.
- Monitors staffing needs by analyzing production schedule forecasts, open order rate and project support and makes staffing recommendations.
- Provides leadership and coaching to motivate and inspire employees.
- Develops individual growth and development plans for each employee.
- Records and monitors employee scheduling.
- Conducts team meetings to update team members on goals, solicit process improvement suggestions, and respond to employee inquiries.
- Meets with personnel from other departments to discuss and resolve problems that directly affect production goals.
- Communicates daily with employees across shifts.