Master Data Governance Analyst
Hunter Douglas is continuing to innovate and improve and we are in the process of implementing master data Governance as a shared service for all of Hunter Douglas North America. We are looking to add to our MDG team with people who want to grow and learn a wide swath of SAP. You will be working with data that is the foundation for all of our process and specifically working with data around materials, customers and vendors. This is a chance for a highly motivated individual to help build and form the MDG organization within Hunter Douglas and grow with it while making business connections through the entire organization. This role is important to the success of Hunter Douglas because you will be working with data which effects how we build, order and sell our products.
You enjoy puzzles, working with data, excel at solving problems, and love finding ways that data can improve processes. Prior experience you have could include: materials, procurement, and customer service or data analysis. You have an ability to work autonomously, you have great communication skills, are driven to learn, and are adaptable! SAP experience is a plus but experience with other ERP systems can be valuable. Ultimately the right person for this job, loves data, understands how data can help improve processes, and is excited about learning and growing with in a company.
Acceptable Training and Experience:
- BS or BA in business, marketing, engineering, IT, or data related field and/OR strong technical competencies and related work experience, including system development, analysis and process improvement.
- A minimum of three years related experience required.
- An ongoing interest for ERP and automated business process technologies.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
- Strong project management skills
This position is an individual contributor role that is responsible for the creation, maintenance, and quality of material, customer, and vendor records. It is critical that master data in SAP maintained completely, consistently, accurately and timely in order to enable effective business processes. This role also supports team initiatives including product data modeling, management of SAP product implementation projects, data analysis, and process improvement. Works closely with multiple stakeholders in order to successfully provide solutions to business needs, and complete successful product launches. These stakeholders include individuals within marketing, engineering, finance, operations, customer service, supply chain and IT.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of SAP master data including material, vendor, and customer data.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with stakeholders ensuring all information is provided and received in order to successfully create & maintain high quality master data in accordance with MDG data standards and Service Level Agreements.
- Investigates issues related to master data, performs root cause analysis, and makes recommendations to prevent similar issues from reoccurring.
- Uses SAP Information Steward to build data quality rules and identify non-conforming data. Partners with local data owners to re-mediate data errors and drive continuous process improvements to prevent errors from reoccurring.
- Leads design, documentation, and implementation of improved processes, SOPs and workflows for ongoing data maintenance.
- Builds data quality metrics and reporting capabilities to effectively measure the health of SAP data and uncover process improvement opportunities.
- Analyzes key master data elements from different sources and reports data quality results for each source.
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements, conduct data profiling and track metrics.
- Provides excellent, proactive product configuration support for business functions, customer service, production floors, and dealers.
- Interacts directly with engineering, finance, marketing, materials, quality and operations independently to help develop products and systems that will be compatible and consistent with any existing configuration.
Expert or Super-User level of proficiency in SAP ( or ERP) in one or more process streams / disciplines (Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Plan-to-Produce, MDM, VC)
Solid knowledge of the impact of Business Partner and/or Material Master across the organization, including the following process areas: Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Plan-to-Produce, Engineering, MDM, Product Configuration.
Solid knowledge in data analysis, data quality, data integration, data standardization, consolidation, matching, and other similar activities.
Basic knowledge with Bills of Materials (BOM) construction and maintenance, Material master creation, Purchase Information Record / Source List Maintenance, Mass updates, SOP development.
Ability to effectively troubleshoot and problem solve
Ability to solve problems based on intuition, professional knowledge, sound judgment and a willingness to learn new things.
Ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate solutions and the ability to lead by example, and remain flexible and adaptable to change.
Ability to be a team player with good verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate clearly, work independently, and take direct requests from business and IT colleagues.
Ability to effectively communicate information to internal customers and to all levels within the organization.
Ability to utilize attention to detail, along with sound business skills in engineering, operations, customer service, supply chain and finance.
About the Company:
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
· Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
· Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
· 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
· Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
· Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
· Generous discount on window coverings.
· Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!