The HunterDouglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings and extrusions in Owensboro, KY since 1981. All Hunter Douglas brand products are designed, developed and custom-crafted in the U.S. Due to a tremendous increase in sales.
MOLDING TECHNICIAN - 2nd or 3rd Shift
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently setting, running and troubleshooting injection molds to produce products that meet customer specifications in accordance with established policies and procedures. This position will also read part drawings and verifiy parts for quality requirements. As well as setting molds, starting up and shutting down all molding machines for production.
Required Skills and Experience
- 6+ months of injection molding experience preferred.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
- Capability of learning and developing process parameters for injection molding machines.
- Basic knowledge of injection mold and mold components.
- Basic knowledge of plastics materials used by Hunter Douglas.
- Basic knowledge of injection molding process and related equipment..
- Must be able to work any hours.
- Must be able to safely work under pressure, and at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to work in an environment with ever-changing priorities.
HunterDouglas Owensboro offers a generous benefits package. Including Medical/Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life insurance, 5% shift deferential, paid vacation, PTO, paid holidays, 401k plan, competitive wages with a yearly incentive plan, and opportunity for advancement.
We require a high school diploma or GED and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys test to proceed in our hiring process. All candidates must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities, have a strong work ethic, and be willing to work any shift .
We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.