Senior Corporate Counsel
HTC America, Seattle, WA
Senior Corporate Counsel
HTC is legendary for being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology. We are a fearless team of passionate people who speak up in the face of adversity, respectfully share our ideas and meaningfully contribute to create the world's most innovative technologies. The team thrives in our evolving and creative culture which is driven by independent thinking and collaborative decision making. HTC's portfolio includes smartphones, tablets, wearables and virtual reality products including the award winning VIVE, the most immersive VR headset on the market and Viveport, HTC’s VR content distribution platform. If you are passionate about technology, people and making a difference you might be right for HTC.
The Senior Corporate Counsel position will be based in Seattle, WA in the heart of Pioneer Square. The individual will enjoy working closely with business partners throughout the organization both in the North America region and internationally. We are looking for a seasoned attorney with a strong background in commercial transactions, preferably with experience in technology transactions, content licensing and and/or product distribution. The ideal candidate should be able to move seamlessly between commercial transactions and related product counsel support.
- Perform as a trusted advisor and product counsel to support HTC’s VIVE and Viveport business teams in the North America region and internationally on a wide array of legal and business issues including intellectual property, business operations, commercial transactions, marketing law and licensing arrangements.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business, sales, marketing and senior management within the company and counsel on the legal implications of proposed transactions, new products and corporate strategies, with a strong emphasis on assessing and minimizing risk while supporting company initiatives
- Draft and negotiate a variety of complex agreements across a broad range of areas including technology agreements, service agreements, product sales and distribution contracts, content licensing/platform support, and more.
- Perform legal research and risk analysis for new business initiatives and provide practical business orientated counsel and guidance on interpretation of laws, policies and contract provisions
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge on new developments relevant to the business segments being supported
- Help identify, develop and implement improvements to policies, templates and processes to promote efficiency and internal alignment
- Manage external counsel within agreed policy and budget
- Collaborate and provide support to other members of the legal team both in the US region and internationally
- Some travel may be required (domestic and international)
- Juris Doctor degree from a nationally-accredited law school
- Currently licensed to practice law in the State of Washington
- 8+ years relevant experience as transactional counsel in a recognized law firm or as U.S. based in-house counsel in a major technology company.
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements on behalf of multiple and diverse stakeholders, including international stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple-wide ranging matters efficiently and to learn new areas of expertise as business needs change
- A proven track record of accountability, attention to detail, and organization in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A proven track record of integrating with key business teams and earning and retaining their trust over time
- Ability to analyze business and legal issues and to articulate findings and recommendations in a multi-cultural, international environment
- Confidence, sense of humor, and good judgment are required