About HTC and HTC Creative Labs
HTC is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC's portfolio includes smartphones, tablets, wearables and virtual reality products.
HTC Creative Labs is a global team of designers, artists, engineers and researchers that delivers design strategy and incubates new products and experiences for the HTC portfolio. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
The right candidate will have 4-7 years of professional experience developing products from concept to production. You must have great communication and project management skills as well as a good work ethic and attitude. The studio has a fast paced and collaborative work environment, and you should display excellent design engineering and problem-solving skills. Experience working in product design development or with industrial designers is a plus.
What you get to do everyday:
• Program Management, 3D Modeling & CAD, Design, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Analysis
• Work with a global design and engineering team to support all phases of product development
What you bring to the role:
• Well versed and experienced in the design method
• Proactive and self-driving, able to execute designs independently with minimal supervision.
• Experienced with mechanism and consumer electronics design
• Detail oriented and organized
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of prototyping and model making processes
• An appreciation of great design and the ability to work well with the design team
• Knowledge of design for various manufacturing processes, including injection molded plastics, castings, CNC, stamping, etc.
• Experience using PTC Creo CAD software a big plus
• Fluency and literacy in Mandarin Chinese a plus
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in product design and development
• PDF or Link to portfolio of products/work
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.