Executive Director Product Management
Executive Director Product Management
Location: Seattle, WA
About Your Next Opportunity:
HTC’s Enterprise Business Unit is shaping the future of the VR industry and the possibilities are limitless. With a series of new products set to launch over the next year, we are looking for a high-energy product strategy professional to develop and lead our enterprise insights practice across the Emerging Devices product lines. You’ll fit well into our team dynamic with a solid product management background and a track record of success in transforming data into market desirable integrated products. This is a unique opportunity to utilize your strategic planning, critical thinking and cross functional communication skills to drive internal development across many contributing teams both under their management as well as with adjacent groups.
- Collaborate with key functional areas within HTC headquarters and all HTC regions in order to ensure contributions align with product strategy and road map
- Work closely with global product planning teams to validate hardware and software capabilities as well as provide high level timing for future products
- Ensure alignment between headquarters cross-functional teams and the rest of the global organization
- Manage cross functional team to ensure product timelines and quality standards are met
- Work with Product Development to drive delivery of products and act as SME and primary stakeholder for products managed.
- Develop Product Launch schedules, Scorecards, and track execution to plan.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand and rationalize priorities into a plan
- Use strategic and critical thinking to create and support the product plan while managing tactical execution of the plan
- Communicate product status to executives and other relevant stakeholders for the products managed
- Provide product leadership and coordinate with other departments including: Marketing, Sales, and Engineering
- Drive deliverables through all launch and post-launch projects
- Manage a portfolio of products and commercialization activities to launch product globally
- Develop end to end life cycle schedules for products and manage lifecycle execution strategy
- Perform Product post mortems and improvement plans for next generation products
- Responsible for ensuring all regulatory criteria are met for products launching globally
- Willing to travel (domestic and international) up to 15%
- 10+ years experience in core product and cross functional team management and ability to mentor others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required
- Ability to work in flexible work hours in an international business environment
- Experience in driving initiatives to meet extremely aggressive timelines
- Exceptional collaboration and negotiation skills managing long-term customer relationships
- Experience working and thriving in a multicultural environment
- Experience working within a dynamic engineering environment with a cross functional team composed of diverse team members
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex product strategies into solid implementation plans
- Executive level communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker that can also get things done
HTC is the creator of many award-winning VR devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC's portfolio includes smartphones, tablets, wearables and virtual reality products.
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.