Computer Graphic Artist Generalist - VR
About 2 Bears Studio:
2 Bears Studio is an internal HTC VIVE studio focused on making VR content. Led by long time game industry veterans, 2 Bears’ mission is to create compelling experiences that showcases and maximizes the capabilities of HTC’s cutting-edge hardware.
Our studio is looking for a virtual reality computer graphic artist generalist with 3+ years’ experience to join our development team. Do you possess strong artistic abilities, understanding, and knowledge of telling a creative, yet relevant, story through images? Do you have a solid grasp on 3D spatial awareness? Are you a team player who is passionate about VR and committed to building experiences for enterprise and commercial products? If so, we would love to talk with you!
A Computer Graphic Artist Generalist (CGAG) serves as a person possessing a wide variety of computer graphic skills and three-dimensional computer graphic knowledge with the purpose of delivering and presenting a high degree of (AAA) quality computer graphics (2D and 3D) without sacrificing the overall Artistic Vision of the Art Director, nor exceeding the technical limitations of the selected and targeted platform. The CGAG is expected to be familiar with a variety of computer programs and editing software, such as Maya, 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Adobe Suites, Quixel Suite, Zbrush, Mudbox, Cinema 4D, Flash, and After Effects, and specifically required to create three-dimensional models, textures, UV’s, lighting, skeletons, rigs, animations, and visual effects to be used in various creative projects.
- Participate in user and market research to understand the needs and desires of our target audience
- Accurately plan and scope assigned art tasks and deliver to schedule
- Working with Artists, Engineers, Art Manager, Designer, and Project Manager to create AAA 3D CG art and bring CG assets into the production engine
- Creating 3D models, textures, UV’s, lighting, skeletons, rigs, animations, and VFX
- Solving challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborating with engineers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Documenting pipeline and workflow development processes
- Collaborating with art team, engineers, and partner studios to share technology and best practices
- 3+ years of experience combined in AR, VR, and/or game/film development
- Shipped several products as a Computer Graphic Artist Generalist or within a similar CG discipline
- Possess a talent for computer art and a strong understanding of color, texture, light, and motion, and how these elements work well together
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of performance implications of CG art asset creation
- Practical experience in 3D workflow areas, such as modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animating, rendering, and particle systems
- Experience creating and utilizing LOD systems
- Familiar with the utilization of source control applications
- Ability to prioritize tasks and provide efficient time estimates
- Well versed in Maya, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop, & After Effects
- Experience using game engines (Unity preferred)
- Having a BA/BS or Master’s degree is a plus
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.