Backend / Platform Engineer
We are looking for those interested in building the next generation of cloud management services and tools to support provisioning, deploying, discovering, and managing cloud infrastructure at global web scale for a pioneer in the cloud platform space.
As a Software Engineer for the HotSchedules Platform, you’ll be responsible for working with the API, Integration, and Apps team to provide a seamless integrated experience for HotSchedules customers. You’ll work with a number of technologies to integrate technical systems with the HotSchedules platform.
- Team player with 4+ years experience in software development
- Dedication and experience with Microservice architecture
- Experience with AWS and cloud hosted infrastructure
- Deep understanding of scalable architecture and a dedication to service monitoring and reporting
- Experience developing one or more of the following:
Java, Scala, Play, Groovy, or NodeJS
- Experience with NoSQL tiers (Mongodb, Hadoop, or Cassandra)
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, or Puppet
- Experience with distributed cache (Redis, HazelCast …)
- Experience with vert.x a major plus
- Knowledge of the Agile SDLC and scrum methodologies
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with a team of developers to provide top tier features to a wide audience of Restaurant customers.
- Build server-side technologies using open source software.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, cloud computing, and service-oriented architectures.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
- Manage tasks within an Agile framework, clearing Sprinted tasks and managing JIRA workflows
- Managing long and short-term deliverables with Product Management according to a product roadmap
- Documenting architecture and implementation for both internal and external consumption