Staff DevOps Engineer
HotSchedules is looking for a talented engineer to join our Platform Infrastructure team. You will work closely with other team members to design, implement and support the high availability and performant infrastructure supporting the greater HotSchedules engineering organization.
The Platform Infrastructure team is also responsible for encouraging operational best practices, and providing tooling and solutions to the larger engineering organization. We seek experienced engineers who not only have a strong set of professional skills, but who are passionate about making positive contributions to their team and company.
- Experience operating large-scale customer-facing production environments with a focus on uptime and service quality.
- Have a pragmatic approach with an eye for sustainability and documentation.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of at least one of: AWS, monitoring, log aggregation, MongoDB, continuous deployment/integration, infrastructure security.
- Understands the differences and intersections between configuration management and infrastructure orchestration.
- Works well with other motivated engineers but takes initiative to work independently towards team goals.
About the Role
- Build out and implement tooling and frameworks to automate our systems and software deployments.
- Partner closely with our greater engineering teams to develop solutions and automation.
- Deliver internal infrastructure services that support deployments, observation, and data to our internal engineering teams.
- Act as a steward for our infrastructure and provide guidance to engineering partners for adopting operational best practices.