This person is responsible for testing internally-developed Wordpress websites, plugins, and other related web tools for functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other interconnected systems.
There will be a large emphasis on lead and application flow, including data transfer between our websites and our Salesforce CRM. This person also will provide some QA support to our LMS development team.
The analyst will implement and refine test plans to ensure that all code functions to specification and that any potential issues are identified and fixed before a solution goes live.
The analyst must be able to:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results
- Identify any areas where software is vulnerable to unexpected user behaviors
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to the appropriate party
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Make self-directed decisions in day-to-day operations, proactively raising issues with managers when necessary
- Intensive focus on quality — this position will be the gatekeeper to ensure the function and reliability of our web properties
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) — must be able to write and record test plans and test cases, and to communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Creative technical problem solver — must translate technical requirements and specifications into test plans.
- Organized, methodical and detail-oriented — bug identification and elimination requires absolute thoroughness and follow-through
- Able to focus on deadlines and deliverables, to identify and track bugs in a timely manner
- Able to think abstractly, to step outside of normal assumed patterns of web user behavior
- Occasional night and weekend work may also be required.
- Excellent understanding of QA principles for testing, planning, and defect classification
- Experience with bug and issue tracking tools (we use JIRA primarily)
- Strong bug-writing and documentation skills
- Basic knowledge and experience of Wordpress and Salesforce platforms
- Business process understanding
- HTML, CSS, PHP coding experience a plus
- Ability to write automated testing scripts a big plus
Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree preferred
- 4+ years of relevant QA technical experience