Jr. BPM Developer
Horizon Industries Limited is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a BPM developer who already knows Appian or BPM applications, or who has development experience and will learn Appian (training provided).
The BPM Developer will be responsible for software integration, customization, and support of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software products. You will be required to attend training as needed and support all project activities in relation to this product.
Duties of a BPM Developer may include:
- Prepare software requirements specifications and prototypes for translation into structured application programs.
- Configure, debug, unit, systems, integration test and document new applications and enhancements including, but not limited to forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components on development projects as assigned.
- Support the development of technical maintenance and support manuals.
- Analyze, debug and revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Assist database administrators, data stewards, quality assurance team, system engineers, network engineers and other staff in ways to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and privacy.
- Assist project manager in estimating durations for tasks, deliverables and activities.
- Adhere to organizational policies, standards and best practices in application development, documentation, and maintenance that support the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) following iterative development approach (Rational Unified Process (RUP)).
- Provide technical expertise and actively participate in creating systems development, software, hardware, and application development standards, procedures and policies.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be someone who has a technical background and experience with programming and developing. Though not required, it is preferred to have some of the following experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in requirements gathering, requirements analysis, business process analysis, object-oriented analysis and data modeling.
- 1-3 years’ experience in SQL, HTML, CSS, and Java Script.
- 1-3 years’ experience in all phases of application system analysis, data modeling, and application development and application maintenance support.
- 1-3 years’ experience of hands-on object-oriented language development using .NET and /or JAVA.
- 1-3 years’ experience designing, developing and implementing web portals using collaborative technologies.
- 1-3 Years’ Work Experience, preferably with a Government Consulting Firm.
- Experience performing SQL Server DBA activities highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Documented customer liaison responsibilities desired.
- Knowledge of UML and object-oriented design.
- Database development skills and familiarity with web-to-database connectivity.
- Knowledge of BPM technologies (Appian, Pegasystems, Oracle BPM, etc.) a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.