Horizon Industries is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an Appian Architect to join our growing team. This is a full-time position in support of clients in Mclean, VA or a local location as assigned. The Appian Architect is a very senior Appian professional with at least 10 years of real experience on different projects.
The Appian Architect will be responsible for software integration, customization, and support of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software products. You will be required to attend training as needed and support all project activities in relation to this product.
Duties of Appian Architect may include:
- Guides the development of the architecture design documentation for new projects.
- Executes front-door architecture design
- Knowledgeable in Architecture governance practices.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture on determining if Appian is an appropriate platform for the business request.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development for large-scale business critical applications in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Business process modeling & optimization techniques including orchestration of modeled process through a Workflow application.
- Provides high-level sizing and staff estimation.
- Provides analysis for the use of shared components in a proposed application or enhancement.
- Provides analysis for what components of a new application can be considered as new shared components.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Provides risk estimation for integration points.
- Assist platform stakeholders in identifying other business process opportunities in which the BPM software could provide a solution.
- Able to thrive in a unique Software Development culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems.
- Architect, Design and implement BPM based solutions using Appian BPM software.
- Plan, design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies
- Very knowledgeable in Appian Administration and Appian engine support.
- Manages the Appian platform application portfolio
- Maintains system cohesion in the context of integrations between applications.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to the team members.
Required Skills/ Experience:
The ideal candidate will be someone who has 10+ years of experience with programming and developing, preferably with 4+ years of Appian live project experience.
The following experience is highly desirable:
- 10+ Years’ IT Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience leading Appian projects
- 5+ years of hands-on Appian development project experience
- 4+ years’ experience in requirements gathering, requirements analysis, business process analysis, object-oriented analysis and data modeling.
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL, HTML, CSS, and Java Script.
- 4+ years’ experience in all phases of application system analysis, data modeling, and application development and application maintenance support.
- 4+ years’ experience of hands-on object-oriented language development using .NET and /or JAVA.
- 4+ years’ experience designing, developing and implementing web portals using collaborative technologies.
- Experience performing SQL Server DBA activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Documented customer liaison responsibilities.
- Strong Knowledge of UML and object-oriented design.
- Database development skills and familiarity with web-to-database connectivity.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Information Systems
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.