End User Support Tech
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an End User Support for a full-time position in New Cumberland and Philadelphia, PA, supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
Under minimal supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all end user computer and peripheral equipment on domain. Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware. Trouble shoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers. Deliver technical customer support over the phone or at desk side. Identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems; support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population. Interacts with other Tier 1, 2 and/or 3 departments to restore service and/or identify core problems. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner to end user. Participates in new application and hardware rollouts, testing and special projects as needed. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- One year experience of progressive information technology
- Possession of a CompTIA Secutity+ CE certification
- Possession of or ability to obtain Windows 10
- Knowledge of VDI and Citrix
- Knowledge of DLA GOTs and COTs applications and peripherals
- Knowledge of DoD security patches, updates, STIGs and remediations thru automated and manual means
- Must have strong technical knowledge of Windows OS and all communication and hardware troubleshooting on PC’s
- BMC Remedy
- Remote handling of tickets
- Handle routine tasks with minimal assistance
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
Certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent AND ability to obtain Windows 10
Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
Location: New Cumberland PA or Philadelphia PA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.