Applications Programmer [Senior Level]
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an Applications Programmer [Senior Level] for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The scope of work for this task order is to acquire consolidated application support across the agency application database, application, web, and non-enterprise support being consolidated into a single branch. In order to facilitate the largest possible pool of experience and skill sets J62 has been authorized to issue a new task order with expandable optional tasks and labor categories to support future expansion.
Duties of an Applications Programmer [Senior Level] may include:
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts
- Develop block diagrams and logic flowcharts
- Translate detailed design into computer software
- Design, code, test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation
- Enhance software to reduce operating time and improve efficiency
- Provide technical direction to programmers, as required, to ensure that program deadlines are met
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Six (6) years relevant experience
- Experience as an application programmer on large-scale DBMS
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives
- Must have several years’ experience in supporting DOD Program Acquisition Category (ACAT) I Level and ACAT III level IT development programs in the areas of program management (PM), systems engineering (SE) related functional/technical quality, cost analysis (CA), and configuration management (CM) assessments and audits of DOD IT program lifecycle requirements, documents, and data and their compliance with DOD acquisition policies and regulations. ACAT certifications desired.
- Must possess active IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
- Relevant certification from a nationally recognized technical authority
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.