Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a CyberSecurity Engineer for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
This Task Order provides experienced off-site and periodic on-site management support services for the Program Manager and PMO staff as required.
Duties of a CyberSecurity Engineer may include:
- Work in unison with the System Integrator (SI) on the establishment, tracking and validation of Interim Authority To Test (IATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO) requirements
- Work RMF packages, POA&Ms, security architectures and system accreditations (IATO & ATO)
- Develop, review, and/or manage cybersecurity Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs) for security vulnerabilities and incidents
- Analyze, develop, provide solutions and work with the SI/PMO on Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages, assessing the adequacy of the required protective measures, assess residual risks, and provide the work needed to ensure that the system achieves accreditation
- Problem solve & Leadership: Make solid recommendations, work with the SI, and seek resolutions for detected vulnerabilities that could preclude accreditation, management, operational, or technical controls to include human procedures, software configuration parameters, system changes, or combinations thereof to mitigate risks associated with the vulnerability
- Develop, review and provide expertise on system security architectures, security standard operating procedures, protocols, and cybersecurity documentation (e.g., Privacy Impact Assessment, System of Records Notice (SORN), Cyber Security Strategy, DIACAP, RMF, Clinger-Cohen, Identity Management, etc.)
- When requested by the DLA PM, write or review comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions (recommendations/solutions) for further system security enhancements and work with SI/PMO, DLA Hosting Liaison Office (DLHO) and DLA Cybersecurity professionals at the enterprise and enclave level to ensure implementation of cybersecurity controls to implement DRAS2 within set schedule
- Performs a variety of routine project tasks applied to specialized information assurance problems
- Tasks involve integration of electronic processes or methodologies to resolve total system problems, or technology problems as they relate to IA requirements
- Analyzes information security requirements
- Applies analytical and systematic approaches in the resolution of problems of work flow, organization, and planning
- Provides security engineering support for planning, design, development, testing, demonstration, integration of information systems
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Possess a relevant certification meeting the DOD 8570.01 IAT II. One of the following:
- Security +CE
- Possess a relevant certification meeting the DOD 8570.01 IAM II. One of the following:
- CASP CE
- Computing Environment Requirement – one of the following:
- HBSS Administrator
- HBSS Advanced
- McAfee Network Security Platform Administration
- Seven (7) years’ relevant IT experience
- Must have an active DOD Secret Clearance. Any team member assigned duties as a DLA CERT Analyst shall possess a DOD Top Secret Clearance and be eligible for an IT-I.
- Must possess active IT-II access
Location: Remote/Fort Belvoir, VA
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.