Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst for a full-time position in Vienna, VA, supporting a Federal Agency.
The Business Analyst requires a proven ability to provide detailed, comprehensive, testable and traceable process components in a number of formats including, but not limited to Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Data Requirements, System Software Specifications, Use Cases, etc.
Duties of a Business Analyst may include:
- Demonstrates thorough level of knowledge across multiple IT application platforms and delivery methodologies, emphasizing proven success with defining and implementing business motivation and use case/actor models, and business capability roadmaps, as well as a proven track record gathering and defining business and functional requirements.
- Demonstrates a proven thorough knowledge and success in a supervisory role within a professional services firm or large enterprise providing the following:
- Defining business problems and outlining possible solutions
- Outlining business strategies, related tactics, and objectives for measurement
- Gathering, defining, and organizing business and functional requirements including acceptance criteria for use by developers to implement a capability
- Resolving promptly issues and business questions
- Parsing high level functional requirements into an executable story backlog
- Aiding in the estimation and planning process
- Assisting in prioritization of tasks and planning iterations
- Providing system functionality delivery on business capabilities
- Reporting statuses
- Facilitating workshops
- Demonstrates a proven success record of completing projects involving the delivery of mobile and web applications
Required Skills / Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills that translate well into requirements baselines that both technical experts and business owners to can understand.
- Demonstrates proven thorough abilities related to internet and mobile app architecture technologies that include:
- Eliciting requirements and scope using client interviews, shadowing, document review, surveys and other techniques
- Parsing out client requirements into manageable work units
- Translating client requirements into standard UML diagrams and/or Agile user stories
- Documenting vision and scope, including monitoring changes throughout project lifecycles
- Collaborating with the user experience and design team to perform traceability of solution to design and business requirements
- Creating screen mock-ups to help clients visualize requirements
- Working with development team to estimate the level of effort required for projects, features and individual stories work items
- Prioritizing client work based on value, risk and dependencies
- Creating test scenarios, test plans and execution of test cases using various test scenarios to deliver quality results to clients
- Delivering solutions that meets quality standards and being receptive to feedback and direction from others
- Envisioning solutions-related issues and conflicts, collaborating with functional or business teams and developers to deliver solutions that meet business requirements
- Adapting to the client's environment, development and quality standards
- Demonstrates proven thorough levels of ability and success as both an individual contributor and team member to identify and address client needs: actively participating in client discussions and facilitating meetings; communicating a broad range of services; utilizing effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients; and, managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
- Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing coaching to junior team members on consulting and Business Analyst skills, tools, and techniques
- Experience with web applications required
- Experience with Appian highly preferred
Education: BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field of study
Certification: Agile Certification
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.