Program Acquisition Specialist
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Program Acquisition Specialist for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The scope of this PWS encompasses all activities necessary to provide experienced off-site and periodic on-site management support services for the Portfolio Manager and PMO staff as required. The contractor shall develop/write, assist in revising, coordinate reviews, review, adjudicate comments, maintain, modify, staff, and submit for acceptance Acquisition Documentation Packages in support of life cycle requirements per DoD 5000 and as applicable to each Program. The activities surrounding the development of these Acquisition Documentation Packages include designing to prototype, pilot and full operational system as well as maintenance and sustainment for Programs remaining in the Portfolio post deployment. Tasks shall include supporting the development of internal project management activities and resulting deliverables including review and analysis of development contractor’s system processes and deliverables.
The contractor shall provide specific analytic support required to identify and resolve program issues impacting each Program as required. This activity includes, but is not limited to, analyzing program requirements, developing solutions to ensure a sustained level of support, and assisting with the implementation of any necessary business rules and system changes. The contractor shall also support the Portfolio PMOs across the acquisition life cycle and make any recommendations on how to more effectively transition to sustainment to include lessons learned. The contractor shall also provide experienced Portfolio, Program, and Project Management support services for Portfolio Manager and assigned Program Managers.
Duties of a Program Acquisition Specialist may include:
- Provide expertise in Information Technology Acquisition process and its milestones
- Analyze a variety of source documentation
- Create acquisition documentation.
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Five (5) years’ experience in program management
- Must have experience with the Information Technology Acquisition process and its milestones
- Must have experience in analyzing a variety of source documentation and supporting the creation of acquisition documentation
- Must have demonstrated depth and breadth of experience in analyzing and improving advanced technical and analytical capabilities with an emphasis on business systems and semantics, and an in-depth understanding of DOD enterprise-level acquisitions.
- Must have the required level of knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office suite to accomplish deliverables.
- Must have experience in supporting DOD Program Acquisition ACAT III level IT development programs in the areas of program management (PM), systems engineering (SE) related functional/technical quality, cost analysis (CA), and configuration management (CM) assessments and audits of DOD IT program lifecycle requirements, documents, and data and their compliance with DOD acquisition policies and regulations
- Must possess active IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
- Must hold a Project Management certification (i.e. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other equivalent/recognized Project Management certification)
Location: Remote/Fort Belvoir, VA
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.