Cyber Security Engineer
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer for a full-time position supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) in Columbus, Ohio.
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The contract scope of work is to provide Computer Network Defense (CND) analysis, Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Policy and Compliance support to perform CSSP functions for DLA. Support DLA CERT in performing CSSP functions for DLA to include but not limited to, handling and developing Warning Intelligence, providing Attack Sensing & Warning to subscribers, performing incident response, and developing Cloud and ICS security capabilities.
Duties of a Cybersecurity Engineer may include:
- Perform a variety of routine project tasks applied to specialized cybersecurity problems
- Integrate electronic processes or methodologies to resolve total system problems, or technology problems as they relate to cybersecurity requirements
- Analyze information security requirements
- Apply analytical and systematic approaches in the resolution of problems of work flow, organization, and planning
- Provide security engineering support for planning, design, development, testing, demonstration, integration of information systems
- Review, consolidate and develop cybersecurity policy in accordance with DLA requirements
- Fully versed in the general tenets supporting the overall DOD implementation of its cybersecurity policies, procedures and process
- Provide technical support and assistance to DLA and assess IT policies, standards, guidelines or procedures to ensure a balance of security and operational requirements
- Brief senior management on cybersecurity policy changes, updates and progress
Required Skills / Experience:
- Seven (7) years of relevant cybersecurity experience
- Must possess an active DOD Top Secret Clearance and be eligible for an IT-1 and SCI
- Possess a relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 IAT level II for CERT personnel. One of the following:
- Security+ CE
- Must possess CNDSP-IR or CNDSP-Analyst certification
- Computing Environment: ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) 5.0 Security Analyst; ArcSight Logger 5.0 Administration and Operations; HBSS Administrator; HBSS Advanced; McAfee Network Security Platform Administration
Strongly Desired Skills / Experience:
- Experience with ICS/SCADA, Malware, Cloud or Insider Threat
Location: Columbus Ohio
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.