Cyber Security Specialist
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an Cybersecurity Specialist for a full-time position at Vienna, VA, supporting a DOD Client.
Work as a member of a development team to provide RMF documentation to the ISSO and ISSM for an enterprise software application providing mission critical services to a DOD Client. Ensure compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs). Validate postures and update findings for assigned databases based off of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution and Host Based Security System reports and logs.
Required Skills / Experience: Minimum 7 years cyber security experience evaluating system security controls, hardening and scanning systems, developing mitigations and security POA&Ms
- Cyber security experience evaluating system security controls, hardening and scanning systems, developing mitigations and security POA&M
- Experience in Application Development and OS components and communication knowledge
- Experience with major Operating System (OS) knowledge (e.g., Windows, RHEL, UNIX)
- Experience with database and Web technologies (My SQL, Oracle, Tomcat, IE, Firefox)
- Possess security device knowledge (firewall and Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Familiarity with Unified Capability (UC) Approval Product List Process, National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP), and Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) process
- Experience reviewing Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans
- Experience using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Experience adhering to and creating artifacts within the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical field with the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, CISM, and CISSP
Security Clearance: Secret with IT-II or ability to attain
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.