Test & Evaluation Engineer
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Test & Evaluation Engineer for a Full-Time position at Vienna, VA supporting a DOD Client.
As a member of a team lead the planning and execution of a testing program for an enterprise wide mission critical application for DOD.
Duties of a Test and Evaluation Engineer may include:
- Developing test strategies and plans
- Documenting test results
- Improving and automating test processes
Required Skills / Experience: Minimum of 8 years of technical work experience of which at least 7 years application software testing and support.
- Security + Certification
- Experience that translates into understanding of testing of Appian BPM and of Contracting Systems
- Experience validating testing requirements effectiveness
- Experience providing suitability interoperability and survivability testing
- Experience developing test strategies
- Experience developing test plans
- Experience creating and executing test plans
- Experience developing test reports
- Experience understanding user requirements to apply proper testing procedures and effectively determine appropriate success criteria
- Experience performing system integration testing
- Experience using automated test tools for API testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Security Requirement: Current Secret IT-II or ability to obtain
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical field
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.