Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a System Administrator for a Full-Time position in Vienna, VA supporting a DOD Client.
Working as a member of a team lead systems administration support for multiple hosted environments supporting development and production of enterprise wide mission critical software applications for a DoD Client. Develop and maintain system documentation, user accounts, best practice guides, Standard Operating Procedures, and configuration change management processes and procedures
Required Skills / Experience: Minimum of 5 years of technical work experience of which at least 3-5 years Linux/Unix System Administration Support
- Experience in event log monitoring and resolution, performance optimization, coordinating with application developers
- Experience scheduling CRON Jobs and Bash Scripts
- Experience with select Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, and Windows.
- Experience with Application and OS hardening using DoD STIGs
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Jboss, Apache, Weblogic, and OSB
- Demonstrated experience using Linux Red Hat command line and Oracle WebLogic
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience performing system integration and interface testing
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical field with the following certifications: CompTIA Security+ a, Red Hat Certified Administrator
Security Clearance: Secret with IT-II or ability to obtain
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.