Business Process Subject Matter Specialist
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Business Process Subject Matter Specialist for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The DLA PEO, J62BG, Energy Applications Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for providing program management for production Operational Energy Applications in support of DLA Energy. DLA Energy and J62BG are managing the procurement of an Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) turnkey solution that meets the current standards for Department of Defense (DOD) certification/accreditation and Audit Readiness. The contractor team will provide program management, DOD acquisition, and related technical expertise for integration, performance monitoring and reporting, verification and validation, and cybersecurity.
The Business Process Subject Matter Specialist supports the planning, initiating, executing, and closing out programs and projects; plan, develop and coordinate the preparation, adjustment, and completion of cost estimation products as directed by the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR); and analyze program effectiveness and performance.
Duties of a Business Process Subject Matter Specialist may include:
- Prepares business planning documents, draft project proposals, draft project cost estimations and project plans
- Identifies impact of resource and requirement changes to critical areas including cost/budget during all acquisition phases
- Recommends resourcing options to the Government
- Recommends program-specific project management policies, procedures and requirements that include project feasibility analyses, cost benefit analyses, scheduling, costing, resource planning, communication planning, procurement, risk management and quality management
- Prepares, adjusts, and completes Program Office Estimates (POEs), Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs) and other cost estimation products
- Develops and maintains key program budget and cost products
- Prepares, coordinates, obtains approval, and submits business/financial documentation for funds certification and approval
Required Skills / Experience:
- Eight (8) years relevant experience
- Must possess active IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
- Relevant certification from a nationally recognized technical authority
- Demonstrated experience in working projects of a nature similar in size and scope as referenced under this PWS
- Demonstrated experience in supporting system development life cycle; information technology standards, procedures, and policy; business assessment; modeling data, process, events, objects; business process modeling
- Demonstrated experience in developing a variety of cost estimation and budget products
Education: Bachelor of Science or Arts in a related field or four additional years of related experience
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.