Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an Enterprise Architect for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), J62G Extended Business Applications (EBA) Portfolio requires ongoing technical and analytical support for Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Portfolio Management (PfM) artifact development, maintenance, and reporting and 508 compliancy with Federal and DoD requirements. The requirement for this task is to maintain and support the delivery of EA/PfM for the EBA Portfolio supporting over 84 systems/applications. It focuses on the development and delivery of Enterprise and Program Level Architectures which are fully integrated as well as, ensuring systems/applications are 508 compliant.
Duties of an Enterprise Architect may include:
- Provide high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff
- Develop architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines
- Advise on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development
- Set standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (SQL, ORACLE, SYBASE, etc.)
- Advise on feasibility of potential future projects to management
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Ten (10) years relevant experience:
- Must possess a strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with specific tools such as DLA Portfolio Management and Architecture Tool Suite (DPATS) for Enterprise Architecture Support as well as, Job Access With Speech (JAWS), Dragon Naturally Speaking, Magic, ZoomText, and DeQue WorldSpace-Fire Eyes for 508 testing support
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MS SharePoint
- Must have an active DOD Secret Clearance at time of proposal submission
- Possess a certification meeting the DOD 8570.01 IAM level II. One of the following:
- CASP CE
- CISSP (or Associate)
- Relevant certification from a nationally recognized technical authority
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.