Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an Oracle DBA for a Full-Time position at Vienna, VA supporting a DOD Client.
Working as a member of a team provide Database Administration support for an enterprise wide mission critical software application for DOD.
Required Skills / Experience: Over 6 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator, Responsible for database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, backup and recovery, database security, auditing and space management.
- Knowledge of operating system(s)
- Experience implementing and enforcing security for Oracle Databases
- Experience providing database support to application development teams in and agile environment
- Experience installing and configuring Oracle 10gRAC, 11gRAC, 12c databases in LINUX/Windows environments
- Experience communicating technical issues to management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers
- Experience utilizing SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, indexes, materialized views, shell scripting, partitioned and non-portioned tables, packages and triggers for improved performance of the database
- Experience with management tools: TOAD, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Developer
- Experience developing high level system design diagrams
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Experience scheduling jobs using CRON Jobs and DBMS JOBS
Education: Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in a technical field
Security Requirement: Secret
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.