Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Database Architect for a full-time position in Vienna, VA, supporting a Federal Agency.
The expertise of the Database Architect will provide maintenance, development, and analytical support of the database and its datasets, as well as writing, testing, and optimizing database stored procedures.
Duties of a Database Architect may include:
- Develop databases in an Agile framework with constantly changing technical requirements
- Design, develop, validate and troubleshoot complex stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Assists applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, and the operation and tuning of databases
- Implements and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation
- Maintains database dictionaries and documents JCL, shell scripts and batch processes
- Insures that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup
- Provides technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and writing complex stored procedures, functions, and triggers
- Experience using data modeling tools such as ERwin
- Proven T-SQLor PL/SQL capabilities
- Data migration and associated methodology and documentation expertise
- Experience across database software types required given the nature of any migration activities and all prospective
- Strong instruction and communications skills.
- Ability to translate requirements into DB Stored Procedures
- 3+ years of experience with designing, developing, and administering MySQL databases
- 3+ years of experience in developing databases in an Agile framework with constantly changing technical requirements
Education: BS degree in CS, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related technical field and 4+ years of experience with information security, BA or BS degree in CS, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related technical field and 2+ years of experience with information security, or MA or MS degree in CS, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related technical field
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.