Cybersecurity Technical Writer
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Technical Writer for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
Project scope of work:
Provide Application Security support services to assist in the secure access of Enterprise Business Systems (EBS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and other emerging DLA Systems. The EBS System is built on the SAP platform. Another software platform that must be supported includes but is not limited to Statistical Analysis System (SAS). The primary Production Environment support is provided by DISA. The contractor will be primarily performing role planning, creation and maintenance in a Test and Development Environment and then migrating the resulting product to the Production Environment. The contractor may be asked to provide SAP support to the Production environment as well.
Team will work incident requests, Requests for Change (RFC), Requests for Support (RFS), Requests for Job Role Changes (RFJRC), System Authorization Access Requests (SAAR), and associated EBS Workbench Defect/Enhancements (EBSWB), and Production Operations work based on the priority set by DLA.
Duties of a Cybersecurity Technical Writer may include:
- Under general supervision, edit and rewrite documents for grammatical, syntactical, and usage errors, spelling, punctuation, and adherence to standards
- Proofread documentation and graphics for accuracy and adherence to original content
- Provide quality control checking for documents received from photocopying and word processing
- Assemble Master copies, including graphics, appendices, table of contents, and title pages
- Assist in scheduling, printing, and copying
- Assist in document tracking and logging, and consult with technical staff to determine format, contents, and the organization of technical reports and proposals
- Assist in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports
- Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user's manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Five (5) years of relevant Technical Writing experience
- DOD Secret Clearance
- Possess a relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 IAM level III. One of the following:
- CISSP (or Associate)
Education: No minimum
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.