Appian System Administrator
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an accomplished Appian Systems Administrator for full time position in Vienna, VA.
The Systems Administrator will install, support, and maintain servers or other computer systems, and plan for and respond to service outages and other problems in an Appian environment. Analyze system faults and troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect, troubleshoot & solve problems. Evaluate and install developed software during various phases of testing. Review and prepare documentation for systems, tests and installation of software. Administer systems/environment solutions and support the planning of system/environment requirements.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Ability to troubleshoot/diagnose Microsoft products, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Windows server/desktop; including all aspects of Windows security and Microsoft desktop products.
- Knowledge of Windows AD, Windows networking and administration.
- Capability to configure and troubleshoot server equipment, and identify and resolve hardware/software/network malfunctions.
- Network+ certification or any approved certification demonstrating working knowledge and understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networked environment.
- Security+ certification or any approved certification demonstrating working knowledge and understanding of applying basic security principles to the computing environment (CE).
- Certified knowledge of Microsoft Windows server operating systems and knowledge of applications, System Management Software, Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD), and all aspects of Windows security to include any subsequent software releases/upgrades.
- Expertise to install and support server hardware, software and certificates.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Location: Vienna, VA with trips to Los Angeles, CA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.