System Administrator - Senior
Systems Administrator - Senior
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for a full-time position supporting The Air Force at Lackland AFB, TX and Tyndall AFB, FL
Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer software systems and network connections. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and communication links. Analyzes and resolves end user software program and connectivity issues. Provide recommendations on technology direction to align with business vision. Will be required to provide both local and remote maintenance support to various operational systems deployed at more than one location. Support includes general maintenance, upgrades, and new installs of servers and applications. Applies advanced technical knowledge of application networking, including load balancing applications, and ensuring fault tolerance. Performs vulnerability management. The Senior System Administrator will comply with established AFIMSC plans and schedules for backup and recovery and maintenance and shall also coordinate with the Government to schedule any out-of-cycle system and database backups, rotation of backup data to the off-site security location, and downtime related to anticipated hardware and/or software upgrades.
- Prepare equipment for operation including power-on/off, start-up/shut-down, and maintenance.
- Perform backup and recovery in accordance with the operational procedures specified by AFIMSC.
- Backup library must contain at a minimum month end, previous week’s end, and good backups for each of the past three days.
- Operate printers, tape drives, and tape cleaner/evaluators and monitor effectiveness by spot checks.
- Monitor AFIMSC functional server performance, patch/upgrade lists, and regulatory compliance on a daily basis and provide information to the Government personnel.
- Identify system failures and equipment problems and take appropriate action within predetermined time frames in accordance with operational instructions and/or equipment operating manuals.
- Clean and maintain computer equipment and peripherals in order to support efficient operations.
- Patches and updates servers as required.
- Creates, updates, and deletes user accounts as required.
- Installs new systems and hardware as required.
- Perform backups of all servers as required (daily, weekly, monthly, etc).
Required Skills / Experience:
- Be knowledgeable with IT concepts, practices and procedures and be Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certified IAW DoD Manual 8570.01, and Microsoft, Unix, and Cisco industry standards, and maintain certification status.
- Full understanding of the interconnectivity of fiber optics, coaxial and copper (twisted pair) broadband and baseband Ethernet, wireless technology, local area networks and leased data circuits for wide area networking and telecommunications including VoIP and video-conferencing.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in data recovery, backups, Active Directory and remote network service tools.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience setting up, configuring and supporting internal and/or external networks, systems and servers.
- Active Secret clearance.
Hold one of the following active IAT II certifications:
CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
Location: Lackland AFB, TX or Tyndall AFB, FL
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.