Technical Lead - Cyber Security
The Technical Lead applies extensive Cybersecurity knowledge and experience in leading a team of Cybersecurity professionals in providing Cyber Security Risk Management Framework (RMF) and other support services to include operations and maintenance, project support, security assessments, scanning and compliance, threat analysis and advanced penetration testing support, Program, Policy Management Support, Security Architecture and Engineering Support for the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) hosted systems, cloud-based systems, and off-site contractor systems that process government data.
Duties of a Technical Lead may include:
- Interacting with key client stakeholders to understand program and project objectives necessary to meet customer support requirements
- Working to identify and resolve common technical issues related to Cybersecurity matters in a timely manner
- Working with the contact team to prepare contract deliverables and project artifacts that are technical correct and accurate, and meet client expectations in terms of quality and timeliness
- Coordinating the Cybersecurity process and daily workload management with the Technical Project Manager
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in providing technical support for a security program in a large Government or commercial entity of system(s) functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Current Secret Clearance
- Security experience in team leadership and coordination of IT Security compliance and product delivery
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), and the ability to influence key stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge in enterprise security strategies and plans, and Federal standards and guidelines
- Thorough understanding of NIST 800 series standards and guidelines, related Federal Laws, policies, memoranda and current best practices for Information Assurance and System Security.
- Thorough understanding of Windows and Linux based Operating Systems, networking (TCP/IP, Ports, Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP), Switch / Router configuration, and Security.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Management or Business required.
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.