Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a SharePoint Manager for a full-time position supporting The Air Force at Lackland AFB
The contractor will be responsible for providing on-site assistance for the AFIMSC collaborative environment (currently SharePoint) supporting HQ AFIMSC and local PSUs at JBSA Lackland, and the AFIMSC detachments.
- Responsible for modifying the AFIMSC SharePoint site as required.
- Responsible for all SharePoint tickets for accounts, permissions, page changes, on a daily basis.
- Provides training to new content managers quarterly, or sooner if required.
- Provides updates on new requirements, issues, concerns monthly to the Chief of IT Support and the CIO.
- This support includes developing a SharePoint architecture, workflows, designing, and assisting user/content managers.
- The contractor shall develop and maintain organizational enterprise architecture (EA) collaborative environment sites.
- Federal employees may request assistance in using the features and capabilities of agency-licensed COTS software.
- The contractor shall provide direct assistance to employees in an effort to enhance the productivity of the workforce.
- The contractor shall also provide ad hoc training to individuals and small groups on COTS features and capabilities, as appropriate.
- All incidences of user assistance and ad hoc training shall be recorded in the Service Desk management system and reported in the Monthly Status Report, along with recommendations for group and enterprise level training.
- Through evaluation trouble tickets and assistance request, the contractor will formulate proposals for agency-wide IT training to improve overall productivity of the workforce.
- Large scale training will be accomplished through remote training capabilities using the expertise and services of an IT training company.
- The contractor shall consult with AFIMSC Chief Information Officer (CIO) to determine the scope, the critical data elements (content), and the work plan for continuation of current development of the AFIMSC SharePoint portal.
- The contractor shall consult with the SMEs in order to finalize the work plan for the portal.
- The work plan shall include phased implementation and that functional phases will be released as soon as they have been validated and certified.
- The contractor shall generate design requirements for the portal based on standard usability guidelines and in accordance with AFIMSC policies working with the AFIMSC IT Services team.
- The contractor shall work in collaboration with the AFIMSC IT Services team to program and test portal phases within the independent development environment.
- The contractor shall assist content managers with functional testing and validate all portal components as required.
- The contractor shall work with the AFIMSC IT Services team to test and validate security functions of the portal
- The contractor shall work with the Chief, AFIMSC IT Services to complete required security forms.
- The contractor shall modify and/or enhance the portal as new requirements arise in accordance with AFIMSC needs.
- The contractor shall obtain approval from the COR before modifications or enhancements are made.
- The contractor shall serve as the main point of contact for inquiries and communications related to the collaborative environment.
- The contractor shall maintain the portal, in compliance with IT support services, on a continual basis.
- The contractor shall develop standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation for configuration, development, and maintenance of portal and should gain approval for final documentation from COR.
- The contractor shall consult and collaborate with IT support services to troubleshoot portal functional problems such as response time, connectivity, and missing content.
- The contractor shall provide training to end users at the completion of portal phases before going into production.
- The contractor shall submit the training plan to the COR for approval before training begins.
- SharePoint requests shall be coordinated with other AFIMSC entities (AFCEC/AFSV/SF) and identified/reported to AFIMSC COR when potential for duplication of effort exists.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge in information architecture.
- Three (3) years’ experience in web development.
- Three (3) years’ experience in web design.
- Programming skills related to web development and design.
- Knowledge in database technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Contractor shall possess an active favorable NACI.
Location: Lackland AFB, TX
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.