Public Affairs Fellow, Oil & Gas
We have an exciting and unique Fellowship opportunity providing support to the public affairs department for an oil & gas client just north of Houston, TX! The Fellow will gain experience working in a dynamic public relations and government relations environment, directly supporting a business-unit leader of public and government affairs. Frequent activities may include developing communications pieces, helping with industry/policy research, event planning, as well as office administration and executive support. There is potential for advancement into a full-time role.
The successful candidate will get to work closely with client contacts and support multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous communications/public affairs or PR internship experience in a corporate environment
- Oil & gas/energy/pipeline/refinery industry experience and/or interest a plus!
- Superb writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Proactive team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Passion, integrity and willingness to learn
We require full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week) for 6 months.
Benefits: Access to a medical plan, fitness reimbursement, 401k enrollment, training opportunities and more.
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply (resume and cover letter required). If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.