Public Relations Fellow, Technology
Hill+Knowlton Strategies’ New York office has a need for a fellow to support our Technology team. Applicants should have a passion and desire to learn more about today’s top consumer and enterprise technology trends. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with team members
- Building media relations skills by establishing media contacts, researching relevant media targets and coverage areas, drafting targeted pitches for client campaigns and announcements
- Creating client-ready press materials including briefing documents, coverage reports and social media content.
- Ability to provide thorough research around clients, competitor products and relevant industry trends
- Assisting in the coordination of client events such as press conferences, media briefings,, media tours and trade shows
- Interfacing with potential client contacts, vendors and internal teams
- Working closely with the H+K team to grow your skills and contribute to client projects
- Exercising your unique voice and creativity in an entrepreneurial environment where your voice is heard and highly valued
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills – clear and concise writing required
- Detail-oriented, with strong research skills
- Interest and desire to immerse yourself in technology trends and topics a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others and independently as needed
- Self-starter approaching projects with a positive attitude and proactive approach
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Inquisitive and curious – able to identify and pursue potential leads for more open-ended strategic projects
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related
- Previous PR internship or relevant leadership role at college/university a plus
- Excellent writing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Energetic, proactive team player able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Digital & Social media savvy
- Full-time availability (minimum 40+hours/week)
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
- Desire to establish a successful career in PR
Compensation: $15/hour + overtime eligible (+40 hours/week)
Eligible Benefits: Fitness reimbursement, training and professional development opportunities, 401k enrollment, participation in employee recognition platform CHEERS!, extensive training opportunities and more.
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter with availability date. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office.
We require full-time availability throughout the 6-month term (minimum 40 hours per week).