Public Relations Data & Analytics Strategist
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Public Relations Data & Analytics Strategist to join the New York office. As a member of the Data + Analytics team, you will be responsible for directing and shaping the way we measure and examine data from multiple disparate sources. You will work closely with client teams and support in developing and reporting compelling insights that provide a competitive advantage for our clients.
You need to be inquisitive, someone who can interpret data and spot trends, with the ability to explain technical issues with clarity in a way people understand. You should have a deep understanding of social media monitoring and web analytics tools, traditional press monitoring partners and survey vendors. You should have a deep passion for and knowledge of mobile, web, social media marketing, analytics, and qualitative/quantitative research methodologies.
You will be responsible for understanding the holistic Data + Analytics offer and driving this business within your office.
Roles & Attributes
- Lead multiple client briefs from premier consumer and automotive brands, supporting clients in using data for insights or measurement to showcase the impact of PR and social on the bottom line
- Provide insights and new ways of visualizing analytical findings for quarterly or yearly ‘deep dive’ reports
- Manage and work on a variety of projects at the same time, often for a number of different clients and under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of statistics and analytical techniques
- Work closely with the Director of Data and Analytics on the continued development of clients and service offerings throughout the business
- Support client teams and help to identify new opportunities, provide insight and direction in new business opportunities
- Inspire and mentor junior team members to develop greater data expertise
- 7-10 years of research and measurement experience with a focus on digital media measurement, social analytics and PR (agency experience and traditional press PR measurement a plus)
- Proven experience building and managing a team and client projects
- Advanced use of Excel
- Experience with database management & analytics tools a plus (SQL, SPSS)
- Familiarity with social listening platforms, owned social channel data, Cision, C3, Trendkite, Kantar and primary research
What the Role Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a fun, dynamic, ambitious and growing team within a large agency
- The chance to work on leading consumer brands, in the US and globally
- Play a crucial yet flexible role, shaping the thinking and direction of major projects
- The opportunity to work on significant projects for some of the biggest new launches in the industry
- The chance to work across all elements of communications including digital, public relations, consumer, B2B and corporate
- The opportunity to work with a truly global agency, collaborating with teams and talented individuals across the NYC office and in other markets
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé and cover letter.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.