Public Relations Principal, Corporate Communications
Expert storytelling. Diversity of perspective. Authenticity. Results. The H+K Strategies Costa Mesa office is a team of smart, strategic communications professionals looking for a talented Principal (Account Supervisor – Senior Account Supervisor equivalent) to join our group. This role offers a unique opportunity to grow as a communications professional, strategist and client counselor while gaining both agency and client-side experience. This position will benefit from H+K’s global network of energized experts while servicing a top global automotive client as part of an elite embedded team.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton +YOU, together.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing onsite client support for corporate communications programs on behalf of a global automotive brand
- Leading corporate brand initiatives through day-to-day project management
- Helping manage junior team members, delegating tasks, providing client counsel, executing client initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction and anticipating needs and potential issues as they arise
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management and planning, media strategy and event production
- Developing project plans, leading brainstorming sessions, providing proactive recommendations and maintaining relationships with key media contacts
- Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel our client objectives
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing a global consumer brand within an integrated team
- The opportunity to work onsite as an extension of the client team in a cutting-edge, technologically advanced work space
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 5-7 years’ experience working in strategic communications and public relations; agency experience preferred
- Large-scale consumer brand experience; automotive, consumer technology and/or consumer packaged goods experience a major plus; ability to work effectively on integrated, multi-agency teams
- Track record of success creating and implementing corporate communications programs including thought leadership, executive positioning, brand messaging and crisis communications; internal communications experience a plus
- Client service leader with the ability to ensure client satisfaction through world-class service and program results
- Strong expertise in media strategy and execution with a strong base of relevant media contacts
- Digital & social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement; ability to work with integrated, multi-agency teams
- Ability to create compelling content for a variety of channels with knowledge of how to best distribute and optimize performance of that content; experience developing and managing influencer programs a big plus
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Skilled storyteller able to ideate strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
- Knowledge of the latest measurement and data analytics tools with the ability to demonstrate program ROI to client contacts
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence as part of an embedded, client-facing team with daily client engagement
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with an elite embedded team within a globally influential firm
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.