Business Development- Business Development Executive
THE TEAM / ROLE
Business Development sits at the heart of the H+K business. We are the central team responsible for new business, marketing and communications activities in the UK. We are also a core part of the global team and have regular touchpoints with parent company, leading marketing services group, WPP.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a smart, creative and collaborative, well-rounded executive to join our small but perfectly formed team as UK Business Development Executive. The role will offer you the opportunity to work with the UK Business Development Manager and UK Head of Business Development and Marketing to ensure alignment with the agency’s agenda and proprietary IP. You will have the chance to showcase your experience across a very wide range of disciplines. You’ll have a key role in our marketing activities, including our events programme, website, awards strategy, full engagement across our digital channels, and creation of an exciting range of different content.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in agency, ideally in a new business, marketing or biz dev role or within a communications agency with a proven new biz track record.
- Proven organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent writing ability – from press releases, opinion pieces to award entries.
- Interest and experience in managing events.
- Proficient in digital communications and social media strategy and execution (including SEO, google analytics, Hootsuite).
- An active interest in business and the marketing communications arenas, as well as current affairs and politics.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- A love of winning and seeing the agency progress as a direct and indirect result of your actions.
- Passionate and enthusiastic, confident and curious.
- Enthusiastic, solutions-orientated and proactive attitude.
- Self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong at multi-tasking and prioritising tasks.
- The desire and willingness to turn your hand to a broad range of tasks and clients.
- Personable and good interpersonal skills – able to interact at all levels and with different personalities.
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to sit at the heart of a large, top tier agency and play a key part in its success.
- The chance to manage a small, entrepreneurial team that is open to new ideas and allows you to develop skills across the full new business and marketing spectrum.
- The chance to work in a full-service PR and integrated communications consultancy with all the career opportunities and wider benefits you would expect of working at an agency like H+K.
H+K is a public relations and integrated communications agency with 90 offices around the globe. H+K London is the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Our Global Centre of Creative Strategy places change, innovation and creativity at the heart of everything we do.
Through strategic counsel, creative thinking and effective activation, our deep sector expertise enables us to truly understand our clients’ perspective and transform our clients’ challenges into effective and award-winning solutions. Our purpose is to inspire more open, creative and curious conversations to help build a better agency and world. Our communications are driven by our clients’ desire to communicate their purpose and create a legacy in the world. We create ideas to believe in.
TRAINING + DEVELOPMENT
Personal growth is at the heart of our culture. The Hub, our internal training academy, provides a range of required and bespoke training opportunities that enable our people to have more ownership of their career development.
As well as our locally-developed modules we also deliver training from the H+K University, our global training and development platform. The University curriculum combines best practice from around our network in core consultancy and communications skills.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries