Public Relations Fellow, Energy
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a public relations fellow to support the Houston energy team starting June 2019. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: providing writing and research support for press releases, white papers, op-eds, talking points, and social media content, conducting media monitoring using tools such as Cision/Vocus/Factiva, and assisting with client/team deliverables, media relations efforts, and event planning.
- Detail-oriented with strong social media and research skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills – clear and concise writing an AP style expertise
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others and independently as needed
- Positive attitude with a proactive approach
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – particularly with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Inquisitive and curious – able to identify and pursue potential leads for more open-ended strategic projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related
- Previous PR or communications internship experience (agency experience preferred)
- Strong writing, social media, and research skills (ability to write press releases and other communications content)
- Desire for a career in PR!
We require full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week) for 6 months.
Benefits: Access to a medical plan, fitness and commuter reimbursement options and 401k enrollment.
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the instructions to apply. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office or follow up on the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.