Director, Digital Planning + Optimization
Background to the role:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporate, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Our business combines 10 vertical sectors focused on deep industry knowledge with a number of specialist areas that work horizontally across those sectors. One areas of specialist expertise is our Digital Planning + Optimization. We intend developing this expertise further in New York.
We would like to appoint a Director of Digital Planning + Optimization to become an accelerant and further catalyst for development of that studio in NY into a leading creative, strategic and innovation hub for our clients and network.
Director of Digital Planning + Optimization
Our Director of Digital Planning + Optimization brings a knowledge digital customer journey planning across:
- Digital media buying
- Search and performance marketing
The team will develop digital strategies and eco-system plans for our clients across the whole digital consumer journey. The director and team will work closely with out content + publishing team and the data + measurement teams to ensure the solutions seamlessly blend the earned, owned, paid and shared media strategies both on and off line. The director should have previous experience working with a media agency.
The Director will take the lead role in the New York.
The person we appoint to this role will drive this ambition and be able to…
- Bring a deep knowledge of strategies for consumer engagement across the digital consumer journey from awareness, to engagement through to purchase. Understand the connection and impact of elements of the strategy including influencer marketing, social campaigns, search engine marketing (SEM), display advertising and eCommerce
- Act as lead client contact during the phases of campaigns and develop comprehensive digital and optimization strategies that incorporate industry best practices and are integrated and aligned with existing plans
- Develop digital planning and optimizations strategies across the earned, owned, paid and shared spaces and demonstrate business impact through the whole digital consumer journey
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for digital planning + optimization strategies including their maintenance including real time development
- In conjunction with our data + measurement teams define new way to help measure the ROI of our digital campaigns, define KPI’s and implement measurement and reporting methods to gauge success for client campaigns
- Champion the importance of client satisfaction and service within the team, leading by example and encouraging positive client relationship building behavior and champion stand-out work
- Work well within collaborative, integrated teams, displaying a proven ability in running a team, controlling timelines and budgets, anticipating issues and working towards solution of complex problems
- Have exceptional creative and proposal writing skills
- Act as H+K spokesperson, participate in thought leadership opportunities, public speaking at key trade shows, conferences etc