US Chief Financial Officer
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 80 offices around the world. Each day, more than 2000 of the smartest, most supportive and collaborative people in the world come to work at Hill +Knowlton Strategies.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the US Region, who will also serve as the Worldwide Controller, to provide both operational and programmatic support to the organization while supervising the finance unit. The CFO will report directly to the US Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and work closely with the Global Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, and forecasting needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - CFO
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships
- Report Financial results, business risks, budgets and business strategies to effectively to Senior Leadership
- Provide support and recommendations related to key operational decisions
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and CFO in the drafting of prospective client budgets and determining cost effectiveness.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass audits.
- Provide the team with visibility into profitability, productivity and growth metrics – develop a dashboard.
- Review Client Rate card and determine appropriate pricing strategy
- Provide and manage the operating budget. Work with the CFO to ensure Client success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Oversee revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Monitor Working Capital activities of the organization.
- Investigate fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and Billings and work with Shared Service Center
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - CONTROLLER
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll.
- Provide management with accurate and timely information necessary to make strategic decisions.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings and compliance with all parent company financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare quarterly WPP review decks along with other reports as required
- Work closely with local office CFO/Financial Managers to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance with SOX requirements.
- Assure that effective communication is maintained within areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for monitoring expenditure authorization levels and documenting all accounting and SOX policies and procedures.
- Help create a month reporting dashboard for all stakeholders.
- Responsible for maximizing the efficiency of all accounting personnel by providing training, motivation, and direction.
- Responsible for preparation of all accounting ledgers, corporate reports, other financial reports.
- Help oversee audits: including regional SOX audit, local tax audits and all contact with the Company’s independent auditors and taxing authorities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and accounting databases. Knowledge of Maconomy and SAP preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory and management ability.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with accrual basis accounting.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to:
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Work well as part of a top management team to facilitate growth and expansion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of experience in a financial leadership position in a professional services organization and direct supervision of a corporate general accounting department
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related, Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking
Want to join us?
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations. We greatly appreciate your interest in H+K and will follow up directly with those candidates whose qualifications meet our needs to discuss scheduling an interview.
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company.
We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving, bringing new products, services + world-class talent onboard our teams to help our clients and the public communicate. Always in beta.