Public Relations Fellow, Consumer Marketing
The dynamic Consumer Marketing team at Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Costa Mesa, is seeking an energetic, team player to join our group as a public relations Fellow. This role presents the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of strategic communications and public relations across a diverse portfolio of clients within a globally influential firm. Fellows contribute to the day-to-day execution of client deliverables, gaining valuable experience within a fast-paced, dynamic agency environment.
This role is part of Hill+Knowlton Strategies’ paid, comprehensive fellowship program. It is a formal fellowship designed to introduce you to the day-to-day business of a strategic communications firm and help you develop the essential written and verbal communications skills required to conduct strategic communications and public relations activities. Fellows also enjoy a robust curriculum of training opportunities and connectivity to other fellows within the H+K U.S. network. The fellowship is just one step toward what will become a fulfilling career for many.
Hill+Knowlton Costa Mesa +YOU, together.
We require full-time availability (40 hours per week plus overtime) for a minimum term of six months beginning June/July, 2019.
Compensation: $15/hour plus overtime eligibility
What you’ll need to get here:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related
- Previous PR/communications internship experience a big plus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with knowledge of AP Style guidelines
- Excellent research skills with the ability to summarize findings into a concise overview
- Social media savvy
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with basic PR software programs such as Cision, Trendkite, Factiva, Vocus or Sysomos also a plus
- Collaborative multi-tasker with a positive, can-do attitude and strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Recent graduate with full-time availability for six months a must
- Desire for a career in public relations
What else is in it for you?
- Fitness reimbursement
- Training and professional development curriculum
- 401K Plan
- Health insurance plan
- Paid sick leave (per company policy)
- The opportunity to work with, and influence, bold, creative teams and a globally influential clients
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply (resume and cover letter required; please include relocation timeline/plans if applicable). If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office or follow-up on the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.