- Four years of agency or equivalent experience
- Possesses capabilities and special knowledge of the unique communication needs in one or more specialties
- Proven ability to:
- write and edit documents
- present to clients
- implement communication programs
- manage budgets
- Has a strong understanding of what motivates the media
- Emerging leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage all work for self and subordinates
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages multiple accounts independently.
- Demonstrates clear understanding and interest in client’s business and the work H+K provides them.
- Able to identify, understand and resolve client issues.
- Knows the limits of ones expertise and brings in appropriate senior staff as needed.
- Earns clients trust by continually meeting deadlines; being a proven advisor and always being strategic.
- Ensuring that client is briefed on all relevant account activity including status of budget.
- Demonstrates creative and detailed strategic thinking.
- Actively involved in representing clients to the media.
- Serves as liaison between client and other H+K offices.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of SAEs, AEs, ACs and Interns. This includes being aware of their target utilization, working with other team members to ensure that monthly goals are achieved and addressing any problems with supervisor and subordinate.
- Assists H+K management in building top performing by teams serving as an effective coach to subordinates.
- Key liaison between junior and senior staff.
- Delegating effectively – knowing what tasks are appropriate for subordinates and assigning them.
- Works with supervisor to address personnel issues related to team.
- Manages time effectively, meets deadlines, pays attention to detail, and sets priorities for all
- Helps subordinates to understand what is expected and the next steps to promotion.
- Conducts informal evaluations to assess performance of subordinates providing them with constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of client’s contract and budget and responsible for completion of monthly billing letters and activity reports.
- Oversees monthly and/or weekly budget status reports as part of budget tracking process.
- Reviews monthly JSRs, activity reports, and invoices for accuracy.
- Ensures team understands and meets account profitability goals and maintains high utilization numbers.
- Proficient in using Estimator and other H+K financial tools.
- Demonstrates financial accountability by building client and colleague team commitment to achieve impact resulting in high financial returns.
- Identifies incremental business opportunities on current accounts and new business opportunities with prospects.
- Researches and prepares new business proposals for new and existing clients and participates in presentations
- Through networking, identifies potential new business and/or up-sell opportunities.
- Continues to build a strong network database with H+K staff, expanding media and industry contacts.
- Responsible for monitoring subordinates training participation to ensure goals are achieved.
- Participates in H+K training program.
- Participates in staff hiring by interviewing candidates when requested.
- Participates in one or more networking event or activity per month.
- Promotes the firm as appropriate, including identification of relevant outlets to publicize/promote current accounts and activities.
- Any additional works assigned by company.