Public Relations & Administrative Coordinator
Group Coordinator, Vancouver
One-year contract (Renewable), with benefits
Hill+Knowlton Strategies, the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy, is looking for a highly organized, professional and client service-oriented Group Coordinator to provide both administrative services and support client projects for our team in the Vancouver office. This role reports directly to the Group Leader of the Vancouver office.
- Welcoming clients into the office and answer and direct incoming calls
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages
- Coordinating calendars and all aspects of national and global meetings and conference calls across multiple time zones
- Drafting and proof-reading documents (reports, presentations, proposals, etc.) in standard formats
- Drafting correspondence
- Maintaining newspaper and magazine subscriptions and distribution lists
- Maintaining archiving of files and database
- Internal and client meeting prep and support; coordinating catering for meetings, ensuring audio-visual equipment and phones are in working condition, maintaining a tidy and organized appearance of the office space, reception and main boardroom areas
- Maintaining databases as required, organizing and maintaining files (electronic and hard copy)
- Setting up and troubleshooting networked IT resources (e.g. printers, video conference software) to meet team members’ needs to complete daily tasks efficiently; using informed judgement to escalate technical problems and monitor IT requests when necessary
- Managing group member calendar and coordinating travel arrangements
- Processing vendor invoices, client billings, group expense claims and other accounting matters
- Providing proactive administrative support to each consultant on an individual basis
- Acting as a personal assistant to office leaders
- Support various event planning needs
- Support client measurement and reporting needs, develop media lists and monitoring trends where appropriate
- Support administrative tasks across a variety of clients including client contracts, supplier agreement, opening of PO, etc.
- Supports the design and delivery of client activities, particularly through note taking and analytical reporting
- Seeks out information and prepares research summaries, briefing materials and reports on trends
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Excellent document and presentation development, formatting and production skills (using MS Office PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong IT proficiency, including TEAMS, MS Office and cloud applications
- Excellent attention/commitment to accuracy, detail and quality
- Possess strong time management skills, meet deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment, and work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work proactively, taking ownership of areas of responsibility
- Flexibility with regard to working hours in order to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to practice discretion and deal with difficult personalities in a tactful and effective manner
- Possess a clear understanding of how the Canadian government is structured, and relationships between governing bodies.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Client service business experience is considered an asset
- Relevant post secondary certificate and work experience considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill + Knowlton Strategies
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 86 offices in 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this capacity.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton is committed to providing career opportunities in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, due to a disability, please reach out to your recruiter.