Fellow, Public Relations
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Fellow to join the Dallas office Corporate Affairs team for a June 2019 start. This is an opportunity to grow as a communications professional, within a global network of energized experts, working across a diverse roster of corporate, public affairs and technology clients.
Fellows assist our teams in the execution of high-impact client campaigns, gaining valuable experience in order to develop into skilled strategic communications professionals. The fellowship is merely step one toward growing a career in public relations/strategic communications, with potential for upward mobility.
As a Fellow with Hill+Knowlton, you will:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members
- Build media relations skills by establishing media contacts and drafting pitches for target media
- Create key press materials including press releases, social media content, briefing documents and coverage reports
- Research client and competitor products and services
- Assist in the coordination of events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours and trade shows
- Interface with potential client contacts, vendors and internal teams
- Work closely with H+K leaders
- Learn through a rich curriculum of professional development and training opportunities
- Collaborate with other fellows across the US network, building relationships and executing a group project
- Contribute your unique ideas and personality to the vibrant H+K culture
What you need to get here:
- Current Senior or graduate of a Communications, Public Relations, Journalism Bachelors program
- Previous PR/Communications internship experience preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Experience writing a variety of communications pieces, including press releases, media summaries, talking points, etc.
- Digital and social media savvy with professional/client experience
- Energetic self-starter eager to learn and jump in on multiple projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Desire for a career in PR/strategic communications
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
We require full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week) for 6 months, beginning in June 2019.
Benefits: Access to a medical plan, fitness reimbursement, 401k enrollment, extensive training opportunities and more.
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply (resume and cover letter). If you are selected to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office or follow up on the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.