Benefits and HRIS Coordinator, North America
Do you want to be part of a dynamic HR department and take that next step in your career? Do you thrive within a company that cares for its employees as people, providing perks and coverage that improve their lives both inside + outside of work? Do you love data tracking, reporting and analysis? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you to love what you do.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Benefits and HRIS Coordinator for our North American Operations based either in our New York (HQ) or Chicago office.
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 80 offices around the world. Each day, more than 2000 of the smartest, most supportive and collaborative people in the world come to work at Hill +Knowlton Strategies.
We believe that every corporate, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOS, reshape corporate and brand strategy, influence government policy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help clients and the public communicate. Always in beta.
More about the role:
This unique and exciting opportunity offers the ability to work across our US and Canadian HR teams. As the Benefits Coordinator you will lead the communication and facilitation of the regions benefit offerings and act as the subject matter expert for the Field HR Staff. On a region wide basis, you will be responsible for conducting new hire benefit and open enrollment webinars, manage benefit compliance and become the H+K Benefit Brand Ambassador. As the HRIS Coordinator you will support the HRIS Manager with the goal of assessing and/or improving existing and new processes in the region. Ensures complete and timely execution of project plans and supports the regional (field) HR Managers to coordinate the efforts of these continuous improvement initiatives. Assist with developing and deploying tools and programs, enhancing project management capabilities across the HR function. This position reports into VP, Human Resources.
Benefits Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Lead new hire and open enrollment efforts (where applicable) for employees in the region
- Administration of health and wellness benefits in the region
- Communicate, facilitate, and process all benefit information on a timely and proactive basis, supported by our parent company, WPP
- Act as main point of contact and subject matter expert for the regions’ HR staff on all benefit related matters and help to escalate and resolve complex benefit issues
- Manage FMLA (US), short term and long-term disability and medical leave process and other benefit related compliance issues
- Facilitate employee stock ownership program
- Manage quarterly city option filing for San Francisco
- Report on benefit related metrics including industry benchmarking, enrollment statistics, cost analysis, and compliance tracking
- Develop and communicate benefits strategy with a focus on attracting and retaining top talent for the agency
- Market benefit offerings on external websites including Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.
- Seek out benefit recognition opportunities and apply for awards that would showcase H+K as an employer of choice
HRIS Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Track and update fixed term contracts (in Canada), seeking approval and necessary signatures
- Track vacation accruals/usages (Canada), keeping managers abreast of balances
- Prepare necessary change letters (Canada)
- Act as HR record keeper and perform basic analysis in partnership with HR team to provide weekly/monthly/annual reports as needed
- Assist with preparation of annual compliance reports in the region (AAP, Compensation Survey, EEO/Vets, etc.)
- Assist with preparing regular reports, i.e. headcount, turnover, hiring statistics, etc.
- Assist with preparing exit interview summary and analysis
- Maintain onboarding paperwork via the global requisition and onboarding platform, Jobvite
- Maintain and update information in the HRIS, Talent Tree, as well as prepare custom reports and data pulls. Conduct regular audits of information in system. Support the work flows for compensation changes, promotions, transfers and any other staffing changes
- Conduct system roster maintenance across Jobvite and Cornerstone (learning + development and performance management) as well as other HR platforms.
- Provide HRIS end-user support
- Assist in creating process documentation and user guides
- Conduct regular data audits to support system integrity
- Complete the annual WPP HR Survey
- Prepare data for industry salary surveys
What you’ll need to get here:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology or related field preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 entry level human resources and benefits experience, agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and benefit compliance matters
- Ability to act as H+K’s benefits ambassador and champion the agency’s benefit offerings
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to collaborate on HRIS projects and attain/grow effective partnerships across all functions to meet the needs of the business
- Track record of success cultivating strong relationships internally with the HR/talent teams and willingness to contribute to corporate HR projects throughout the year
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- First class U.S. HR and talent team
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Want to collaborate and create with us?
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations. We greatly appreciate your interest in H+K and will follow up directly with those candidates whose qualifications meet our needs to discuss scheduling an interview.